Heartland Midwest Classic
Want to make sure your team plays a tournament at the world class Scheels Overland Park Soccer Complex this season? Sign up now for the Midwest Classic. The tournament will be completed on Sunday evening, no games will be played on Labor Day Monday. Guaranteed Acceptance and all games will be played at the World Class Scheels Overland Park Soccer Complex. Teams will be accepted on a first come, first accepted basis. We will close registration when the tournament is at capacity. Register to guarantee your spot now.
U-8 to U-10 (7 v 7)
U-11 to U-12 (9 v 9)
U-13 to U-19 (11 v 11)
$550 for 7 v 7 teams
$625 for 9 v 9 teams
$795 for 11 v 11 teams
The 2018 Midwest Classic will be held in one of the nations finest soccer facilities:
THE STATE OF THE ART – SCHEELS OVERLAND PARK SOCCER COMPLEX.
- Play at the ‘State of the art’ $36 million soccer complex in Overland Park, Kansas
- Great central location in Overland Park
- Great hotel options to suit every team budget and taste
- 12 tournament-quality synthetic turf fields
- Lighted fields for night use
- Great competition from all over the Midwest
- The holiday weekend allows for more relaxed game and travel schedules
- Excellent referees
- The complex includes a multi-purpose building with concession areas
- Scoreboards, signage and other exciting amenities on location
- Local attractions including Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead and St Andrew’s Golf course adjacent to complex
Team Check in information
Team Check in will be held from 3:30 PM until 9:00 PM on Friday August 31st 2018 at the Scheels Overland Park field house which is located in the center of the Scheels Overland Park Soccer Complex. The complex is on the Southwest side of 135th & Switzer. To enter the complex, turn south from 135th street onto Switzer and turn right at the first traffic light into the park.
The address is:13700 Switzer
Overland Park, KS 66221
Please note, a player may only play on one team in the tournament
Teams will be required to provide the following:
- A copy of your state certified roster
- Player passes for all players participating
- Medical releases for all players participating (these forms do not need to be notarized)
- Guest player permits (if relevant)
- Travel permit for all non-Kansas registered teams.
**Please be aware that US Club Soccer and USSSA do not issue travel permits, these are only required for US Youth Soccer affiliated teams.
Please take the time to make sure that you have all of the above documentation available when checking in. If any paperwork is missing, then it must be provided by one hour prior to the first game. No player may be added to a team once that team’s first game has started. No player may play on more than one team in the tournament.
Any out of town teams that are unable to check in on Friday evening may check their teams in up to one hour before their first game on Saturday. Staff will be available to check teams in at the Overland Park Soccer Complex from 6:00 AM onwards on Saturday morning.
Arranging player cards and medical release forms in alphabetical order will really help to expedite the check in process.