Midwest Mother’s Day Classic
The Midwest Mother’s Day Classic of 2019 reached a record number of 449 teams including competition from 7 states. The Midwest Mother’s Day Classic offers up to six levels of play ensuring that every team finds itself matched against similar competition. In addition to providing excellent competition, this tournament is formatted to be particularly family friendly.
The tournament will be hosted at the SCHEELS Overland Park Soccer Complex and the Olathe Soccer Complex, where siblings can enjoy the multiple playgrounds, the skate park, or the tennis courts. Mothers will be honored on Sunday, when each player will be given a flower to present to their mother.
U-8 to U-10 (7 v 7)
U-11 to U-12 (9 v 9)
U-13 to U-19 (11 v 11)
$595 for 7 v 7 teams
$695 for 9 v 9 teams
$795 for 11 v 11 teams
The 2019 Midwest Mother’s Day Classic will be held at:
Scheels Overland Park Soccer Complex, Olathe Soccer Complex, and Olathe District Activity Center.
- Play at the ‘State of the art’ $36 million soccer complex in Overland Park, Kansas and the New Olathe Soccer Complex.
- Great central locations in Overland Park and Olathe, Kansas
- Great hotel options to suit every team budget and taste
- 21 tournament-quality synthetic turf fields
- Lighted fields for night use
- Great competition from all over the Midwest
- Play on a non-holiday weekend (spend those special times with family whilst saving more $)
- Excellent referees
- The complex includes a multi-purpose building with concession areas
- Scoreboards, signage and other exciting amenities on location
- Local attractions including Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead and St Andrew’s Golf course adjacent to complex
Team Check in information
Team Check in will be held from 3:30 PM until 9:00 PM on Friday May 10th, 2019 at the “Steve D. Scheels” Training Center. The “Steve D. Scheels” Training Center is located in the northwest corner of the second floor of the SCHEELS store.The address is:
“Steve D. Scheels” Training Center
Scheels Overland Park Retail Store
6503 W 135th Street
Overland Park , KS 66223
Teams will be required to provide the following:
- A copy of your state certified roster
- Player passes for all players participating
- Medical releases for all players participating (these forms do not need to be notarized)
- Guest player permits (if relevant)
- Travel permit for all non-Kansas registered teams.
**Please be aware that US Club Soccer and USSSA do not issue travel permits, these are only required for US Youth Soccer affiliated teams.
Please take the time to make sure that you have all of the above documentation available when checking in. If any paperwork is missing, then it must be provided by one hour prior to the first game. No player may be added to a team once that team’s first game has started. No player may play on more than one team in the tournament.
Any out of town teams that are unable to check in on Friday evening may check their teams in up to one hour before their first game on Saturday. Staff will be available to check teams in at the SCHEELS Overland Park Soccer Complex and Olathe Soccer Complex from 6:00 AM onwards on Saturday morning.
Arranging player cards and medical release forms in alphabetical order will really help to expedite the check in process.